We pick you up from your hotel at about at 5.00 am and travel by bus, for about 4 hours, to the small village of Cachora where we will meet our horseman and mules. We will begin our trek along the edge of the Apurimac canyon and follow the trail, enjoying the dramatic landscapes and a variety of plant and animal life until we reach our campsite chiquiska or ‘La Playa Rosa Linda’ (1650m/5413ft).
We will get up early, have breakfast and begin our walk by crossing the Apurimac River and then descending to the lowest point on the trail. Following this, we have a steep ascent through a thick cloud forest towards the Inca site of Choquekirao. We will have lunch and then time to relax and enjoy the archeological zone, plants, animals (hopefully condors), and views of nearby canyons and snow-capped mountains (Soray – 5428m/17808ft andTuncarway 5910m/19389ft). We will camp close to the site (3033m/9950ft).
Today, we will have breakfast followed by a 3-hour guided tour around Choquekirao itself. After this, we descend to our last campsite, ‘Santa Rosa’.
We will wake to birds’ songs and beautiful scenery. We will walk to Cachora and after lunch we take our bus to get ollantaytambo to take the train to Aguas calientes(Machupicchu) overnight at the aguas calientes town.
(Machupicchu) We wake up early morning about 4 am to then to 4:30 to have the breakfast and leave walking to machupichu which takes one and half hours up to machupicchu but there is another option to catch the first bus which leaves 5:30 to Machu Picchu (25-minutes long ) in order to appreciate the magnificent city as the sun is rising.
A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your Guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves. If you still have energy you can also climb Huayna Picchu (2720m/8890ft)!!! It takes 45 minutes to reach the top.
* Around 6:45 pm you will take your expeditions train service back to Ollamtaytambo where our where our transfer will take you in a private transport back to cusco to your hotel this is the end of our service
Included At the Choquequirao Trek:
- Professional, Speaking English Tour Guide and Assistant Guide (for groups of 8 or more people)
- Collection from hotel ( we will come to pick you up )
- Round trip Private bus (Cusco-Cachora-Cusco)
- Food : 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks, 3 dinners and various snacks to be eaten throughout the day
- Camping equipment Dining and cooking tent with table and chairs
- Tent capacity 4 people to be use only for 2 paxs so you will have more room to storage your own luggage
- Horseman and mules (they just carry cooking and camping equipment)
7 kilos of your personal belongins to be carry by the horses
- Therma rest air mattress
- First Aid kit
Doesn’t include at the Choquequirao Trek:
- Breakfast During the first day
- Sleeping bags
- Extra horse to ride
- Extra horse to carry extra luggage apart from the 7 kilos that is included in the package
What is included During the Machupicchu tour:
- Tour Guide
- Collection from the train station back to cusco (private car)
- Round trip train Ollamtaytambo -Aguas Calientes (tourist train)
- Accommodation* in Aguas Calientes in A *** star hotel (includes private bathroom, 24-hour hot water, cable Tv and breakfast)
- Entrance fee to the Sanctuary of Machupicchu
What is not included During the Machupicchu tour:
- Bus up or down from Aguas Calientes- Machupicchu
- Entrance fees to Huaynapicchu
What you need to take for the Choquequirao Trek:
- Walking boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket, hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended)
- Insect repellent minimum 30% deet
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries
Optional items to take for the Choquequirao Trek:
- Walking poles (with rubber tip) they can also be hired from us
- Plasters and bandages
- Bathing suit (for hot springs) in conoc , ( optional )
- Extra contribution suggested money for tipping porters ,cook and guide and for any emergency (200 soles )
What you need to take During the Machupicchu tour:
- Warm clothes/waterproof jacket (depending on season)
- Sun protection cream (depends on season)
- Insect repellent minimum 30% deet
- Original passport
- Locations Visited: Playa Rosalina,Choquequirao,Machupicchu.
- Trip Style: Trekking Tours.
- Length: 5D/4N
- Frequency: Everyday.
- Group: 2pax min, max 10 pax.
- Difficulty: 3/5