Day 1: Cusco – Patabamba,Huchuy Qosqo, Lamay – Cusco
(Please organize with your hotel the night before to have an early breakfast or a packed breakfast)
Approx 05:30 am transfer from your hotels, with private vehicle for 1.5 hours to Patabamba community located at 3700 masl. On route we pass Saqsaywaman and Tambomachay before arriving to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Beautiful Andean village with amazing landscapes in the land of great wool weavers, they use ancestral Inca tecniques to create amazing textiles. We will pass a few small communities such as Siwas, Qenqo and Pumamarka where you can see locals farming their lands with potatoes and bean crops as their ancestors did. This little valley is beautiful with a lot of native trees, flowers and bushes. Our trek will start with a gentle walk of a small ravine after 2 hours then we need to climb around 400 meters to the reach Pumamarka ruins, the walk from here is one hour to reach the Inca site of Huchuy Qosqo, recently restored by archaeologists, located at 3,450 mals from this point it is clear to see many beautiful mountains as Chicon, Pitusiray, Sawasiray, Waccaywilca or Veronica ancient sacred mountains “Apus” so respected and venerated by the locals Incas- Quechuas descendents living in this valleys for centuries. This Inca site is amazing, we arrive and have enough time to rest, relax and recover with a delicious pack lunch, then we will be ready for our guided tour to visit and explore this interesting Inca complex.
Then we start our all walk down to Lamay, about 2 hours with stops.
Transfer back to Cusco with Guide in a private transport.
What is Included:
- Collection from your hotels at 05.30 -05:45 am
- Transfer in private vehicle to Patabamba (starting point of the trek)
- Experienced english speaking guide
- Meal: 1 packed lunch and drinks
- First-aid kit
- Transport from Lamay to Cusco in private transport
What is not Included:
- Breakfast on Day 1
- Drinks and snacks.
- Tips for the CrewWe recommend that you bring:
- A daypack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Strong footwear, ideally trekking or sport shoes
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, fruits,
- Camera, film and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
- Hat to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
- Insect repellent, minimum recommended 20% DEET,Sun bloc
RECOMMENDATIONS TO TAKE:
- Original passport.
- Trekking shoes.
- Canteen of Water.
- Camera and batteries.
- Repellent, Sun block and a Hat.
- Toilet paper.
- Walking stick covered with rubber tips for the walk.
- Snacks: Cookies, sweet chocolates, energizing bars (optional)
- Locations Visited: Patabamba,Huchuy Qosqo,Lamay.
- Trip Style: Trekking Tours.
- Length: 1D
- Frequency: Everyday.
- Group: 2pax min, max 10 pax.
- Difficulty: 1/5