Day 1: Cusco – Lares – Quishuarani
Early morning ready to start our lares trek. Our guide will pick you up from your hotel and we drive through the Sacred Valley turning off at the town of Calca to head to Lares village – the drive takes around 3 hours.Once we arrive into the town we go up to the Hot Springs where we can relax and enjoy these beautiful outdoor hot springs. Lunch is provided here. Our bus awaits us during this time and we then continue our journey for around 20mins to the start of the trail known as PASCANA. From here we start our hike to Quishaurani. Here we meet up with our horseman and pack the horses. The trek will take us around 2.5hrs. When we arrive our campsite would have been set up for us. In the free time that we have we can meet some of the locals “campesinos” and see some weaving techniques. This is a lovely day filled with great landscapes and the opportunity to visit several Andean villages. (Lunch, Dinner)
Day 2: Quishuarani – Cancha Cancha
This morning we depart early as this is going to be our longest day on the Lares Trek. We will hike approx. 7 hours today with a midday lunch break. We start our ascent to the highest point of the trek, Pachacutec Pass (4,450m). From the pass you will be rewarded with superb views of Pachacutec Lake and the snowy peaks of Pitusiray, Sawasiray and Chicon. The path then continues down hill for about 2.5hrs to the village of Cancha Cancha where we have our campsite waiting for us. Today you have a chance to see an abundance of wildlife, fauna and flora. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 3: Cancha Cancha – Huaran – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
After a delicious breakfast during the lares trek, we start our easy hike today. We will walk down hill for approx. 5 hours hiking to the village of Huaran. From there we take local transport to the town of Ollantaytambo – a beautiful well preserved Andean town. Depending on your train time, you will have some time to explore before boarding the train to Aguas Calientes. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 4: Machu Picchu! – Cusco
Early wake Up (by 05: 30 a.m.), Breakfast and after to leave our Luggage at the Hotel, and we can walk or take the early Tourist bus Up ( optional ) to Machu Picchu, of Course with a guide English speaking, Usually we use to get Machu Picchu by 6: 00 a.m., so from this time we will be able to visit Machu Picchu of course at this time Machu Picchu is pretty empty and we will have the best chance to enjoy the beauty and the magic of Machu Picchu, because at this time is quiet.A guided tour of about 2: 30 hours, and then you will have “happy hour time”, to explore by yourself the whole site for about 3 hours and there is time as well to climb Huayna Picchu mountain ( ask for Availability) and get the best view over Machu Picchu it takes 1: 40 minutes round trip time, or option to go to the temple of the moon which is located behind Huayna Picchu Mountain.
Then We suggest that after visiting Machu Picchu that you take the bus down to Aguas Calientes by 16:00 at the latest (assuming train departs at 6:20pm Train). Buses depart every 15 minutes. Check with the guide for actual times. Getting Cusco city by 9:00 p.m aprox, there we will provide transfer to Your Hostel, End of the services.
-Lunch can be taked at Aguas Calientes town before to take the tourist train back to Cusco
Included at The Lares Trek :
- Pre-departure lares trek briefing at Hotel or Office *Give us details of the place you are going to stay in cusco please.
- Professional English speaking lares trek tour guide
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up where you are staying from) from 6:30 to 7:00 am
- Private Transportation Van to lares valley( trailhead)
- Tourist train round trip (cerrojo-backpacker ) from Ollantaytambo – aguas calientes – Ollantaytambo (2 hours
aprox.) and then bus back to Cusco(1 and half hours aprox. )
- Entrance fee to Machu picchu
- Lares Trek Food: *3 breakfasts,3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 3 dinners
- 4 seasons HIGH QUALITY PROPER MOUNTAIN TENT (Best Mountain Hardwear & kayla Doite Tents )(We use only the finest quality aluminum tent poles) 4 man tent for 2-people so there will be plenty of space to set up your backpacks
- Camping equipment (tent for the staff, cooking and eating tents. portables chairs and tables )
- THERM-A-REST self-inflating air Sleeping mattresses ( a whole new way to sleep in comfort
- Lares Trek Cook ,who is in charge of making the food,
- Horsemen, mules or porters Weight allowance: Our horses will carry up to 16 pounds or 7 kilograms of your personal belongings.If you would like to hire a private horse, ( let us know at the time of booking)(they also carry cooking stuff and camping equipment )
1 night accommodation in a hostel Aguas Calientes and if you want to upgrade let us
- Wake up coca tea each morning in your tent for a gentle start
- Free duffel bag for your personal stuff
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes
- Boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead
- Two-hours guided tour upon your arrival in Machu Picchu( to explore every important temple of the Santuary)
- Free “I survived ” T-shirt and certificate (only for PEOPLE who successfully complete the trek!!)
- Transfer train or bus station-hotel in Cusco
- First Aid kit for Emergencies.
- Free Luggage storage. When you go on the trek it is best to leave any luggage that you are not going to need behind in Cusco.Nearly all the hotels in Cusco provide a secure luggage deposit. Put any valuables in their safe.
- Very rarely do hotels charge for this service especially if you are returning to the same hotel after the trek. If there are any problems with your hotel we can arrange to store your luggage at our BioandeanExpeditions office
No included during the Lares Trek:
- Entrance fees to Waynapicchu ( we can make the reservation you need to add 20 dollars to the original price)
- Last lunch in Machupicchu
- Tips for the crew
What you need to take:
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
- Locations Visited: Lares,Cancha Cancha ,MachuPicchu.
- Trip Style: Trekking Tours.
- Length: 4D/3N
- Frequency: Everyday.
- Group: 2pax min, max 10 pax.
- Difficulty: 3/5